Neighborhood Place partners offer healthy workshops and services in March to benefit the entire family including car seat and blood pressure checks, a healthy living club and cooking classes, an educational baby shower, a child abuse awareness workshop and so much more. To learn more about these offerings and several others please refer to the list below.
March 1, 8, 15, 16, 22 and 29, Weekly Resource School at Bridges Neighborhood Place
Located at 1411 Algonquin Pkwy. Contact Nannette Bertram Dix at 634-6057 to RSVP and for more information. The Bridges of Hope staff is teaming up with an array of service providers to provide weekly programming and resources focusing on substance prevention, self-sufficiency, health, safety, and resiliency. All workshops are free and open to the public.
- March 1, "Everyone Plays a Part", presented by ECHO (Exploited Children’s Help Organization) to learn how to recognize signs and symptoms of abuse and neglect, 4 - 5 p.m.
- March 8 and 22, "Choices", presented by Center for Women and Families providing an educational and support program for people affected by sexual violence, 10 a.m. – 12 p.m.
- March 15, "Trauma 101", presented by Resilience and Community Services which focuses on Trauma Informed Care, 4 - 5 p.m.
- March 16, HIV/AIDS education and testing, 4 presented by the Volunteers of America, 4 - 6 p.m.
- March 29, "Wake Up", presented by Resilience and Community Services to provide education on opioid addiction, 4 - 6 p.m.
About Neighborhood Place
Louisville’s Neighborhood Place -- a partnership of Louisville Metro Government (including the Office of Resilience and Community Services, and Public Health and Wellness), Jefferson County Public Schools, Kentucky Cabinet for Health and Family Services and Centerstone (formerly Seven Counties Services) -- provides community-based centers which bring together health care, education, employment and social services at eight locations across the community. To find a Neighborhood Place in your neighborhood, please call Metro Call at 211.