Thanks to Coke Memorial, New Roots, The Farmers, Volunteers, Food Justice Shareholders and Community for helping make fresh food available in Smoketown. FRESH STOP is getting close to the end of the season and is wanting you to know that if you haven't been to a market, it's not too late.
Everybody, everywhere deserves to have access to fresh food. Justice shouldn't be determined by your zip code, financial status, ethnicity, etc. So don't miss out on the last 2 markets for this season.
Tuesday, October 17, 2017 4:30-6:30pm
Tuesday, October 31, 2017 4:30-6:30pm
Fresh Stop Market is held at Coke Memorial UMC, 428 E Breckinridge St.
By attending the market, you'll find yourself gathering around farm fresh, vibrant, organic produce – sharing experiences and learning new ways to incorporate organic fruits and vegetables to create balanced meals – you can experience what justice tastes like as you combine the efforts to overcome food insecurity and increase social capital within your neighborhood.
As a community member who believes fresh food is a basic human right, I am excited to support New Roots’ Fresh Stop Markets because everyone has the chance to eat fresh food that's convenient and affordable.
Fresh Stop Markets include:
- Opportunity to pickup your share including 10 varieties of organic vegetables and occasionally fruit.
- Ability to join other leaders in this grassroots food justice movement to help run the Market.
- Learning and sharing from other shareholders and volunteer leaders about the ways to cook and enjoy Fresh Stop Market veggies.
- Cooking demonstrations and samples by a local chef using Fresh Stop Market ingredients,
How much does a Fresh Stop Market Share cost?
- $6/share for families with WIC
- $12/share for families with limited resources (Target group for increasing subscriber base)
- $25/share for higher income families
- $40/share for a "Food Justice Share" (This share supports the Fresh Stop Market's efforts to offer reduced prices based on income level and need)
If interested in purchasing a share for next weeks market, ALL ORDERS are due by FRIDAY, October 13, 2017 by 5:00pm.
Click here for more details on the sliding scale: http://www.newroots.org/fresh-stop-markets.html
** Debit cards and SNAP benefits can be used to purchase shares by calling 502.509.6770.
Thanks for all your support in making FRESH STOP MARKETS a great success!